Not pleased with your current professional liability (malpractice) insurance provider?
Not sure you have sufficient coverage and benefits?
Ready to change insurance providers but don’t know how?
The Trust makes the transition easy.
You may think that moving your claims made professional liability insurance coverage from one insurer to another is impossible, or at least difficult and expensive, especially if you have claims made coverage. You may have a long history with one insurer, or you think there will be gaps in your continuous coverage, or you think you will have to purchase an expensive tail, but The Trust takes all this into account and works to help you make the switch with convenience and confidence:
- No gaps in coverage – You can transfer your past coverage to make certain there are no gaps when switching to The Trust’s policy – and no tail!
- Peace of mind – Trust Sponsored Professional Liability Insurance is rated A.M Best A++ (Superior) and covers you against the financial impact of accusations of malpractice in a broad range of professional settings.
- Switch and save – If you currently have professional liability insurance with another company, we offer a 10% first-year rate reduction when you move your coverage to The Trust.
Simply provide us with some information and we’ll do the heavy lifting:
- Include all information in the fields provided below to receive a premium indication.
- If you have claims made coverage, remember to print and scan or download a PDF showing proof of coverage from your most recent policy, and then upload it when you apply. That document can be a copy of your declarations page or a memorandum or verification of insurance, or any valid documentation from your current insurance company that shows your retroactive date.
- An experienced insurance professional will review your information and your past coverage, get back to you with a quote, and work to make sure you have no gaps in coverage and the transition to Trust Sponsored Professional Liability Insurance is smooth. Additional underwriting information will be required later to bind coverage.
Not sure which one is right for you? Here’s how they differ to help you decide:
Choose the policy that best fits you and your career. The Trust offers both claims-made and occurrence coverage.
A claims-made policy covers any claims filed while the policy is active. You can also add prior acts coverage to protect you against claims made for incidents that happened under a previous policy. Claims-made policies are usually less expensive than occurrence policies. With The Trust, your rate will gradually increase over seven years before it caps off. Other providers cap off at a quicker pace - in just five years.
Occurrence policies protect you from any incident that occurs while your policy was active no matter when the claim is filed. It offers the advantage of permanent coverage during the time you had the policy which is why it’s often more expensive.